KPI helps business leaders solve challenges, improve performance and achieve their goals. Our team has experience in a variety of industries, business stages, and company sizes – from closely held family businesses to publicly traded companies.
Regardless of the industry, business model or stage, all businesses have a set of key processes that deliver value.
Those processes are executed by people.
Those people need clarity about what they are doing and why, with specific measurable goals.
That clarity and those goals needs to be tied back to the overall goals and purpose of the business.
All goals for individuals, departments, and the company need to be realistic and there should be transparency into how all are performing so adjustments can be made along the way.
It doesn’t matter whether you call them metrics, insights, information, or KPIs, the reality is that business leaders need data in order to make smarter choices. In his book The American Icon, Alan Mullaly, Former CEO of Ford Motor Company, said it best:
“The data will set you free.”
~ Alan Mullaly
When there are clear goals and good data, it is easier to identify if there are process or people problems. Without clear goals and good data, leaders often wonder why they are not getting the traction they know is possible and feel stuck.
That is what KPI does – we help business owners and leaders understand the processes, people and data they need in order to achieve their goals. We do this by providing expert consulting and advisory services.
Our Core Values
In order to add value for our clients, we live by a set of core values that influence the choices we make and the services we provide. At KPI we believe in being Helpful, Resourceful, Successful, and Happy.
- Helpful. We help our clients, our partners, and each other. We are always willing to share our time and expertise with others to add value. We recognize that the more value we add to others, the more we will receive back. We get great pleasure from helping other people solve problems and achieve their goals. We love implementing new processes and technologies that make the lives of our clients, partners and team members better.
- Resourceful. We use our knowledge and our networks to solve problems and ensure that our partners, clients and team members have the right tools and support to achieve their goals.
- Successful. We are passionate about setting and achieving goals. We recognize that in order for our our business to be successful, we must be passionately focused on helping our clients be successful. We commit to doing the hard work that’s required to deliver results and achieve our goals. We celebrate our wins and we learn from our failures. We focus on continuous improvement because success is a journey not a destination.
- Happy. We enjoy the work we do and the people we get to work with. We work hard, but we recognize that in order to be successful we need to take time for ourselves too. We continuously learn and have growth mindsets. We support each other, challenge each other, and enjoy being in each other’s presence.
In order to deliver on our core values, we embrace our core beliefs that shape our consulting engagements and the way we work. We believe in Clarity, Transparency and Efficiency.
- Clarity. Everybody knows what is expected of them and has clear performance measures.
- Transparency. Data flows freely and leadership teams know how every area of the company is performing.
- Efficiency. The right tools are integrated into the business to help team members deliver results.
About Our Founder
Jeff Provost – Founder & CEO
KPI was founded by Jeff Provost in 2022 to provide consulting services to businesses who are looking to grow.
Jeff has over 20+ years of operations and sales leadership experience in publicly traded companies, like Cars.com and Staples, as well as smaller privately held companies like SmartBooks and DealerRater (which was sold to Cars.com).
Jeff is a problem solver. He creates order out of chaos. He build scalable systems and processes that support the goals of the organization. He especially enjoys partnering with visionary leaders who know that their business is destined for greatness and recognize that they can go faster when they work with someone who has been down the road they’re traveling on.
Throughout his career, Jeff has always been tapped to take on more responsibility. The CEO at one of his companies commented:
“I can put Jeff into any area of the business
and he will find a way to add value.”
Jeff has always had a strong desire to add value regardless of the industry, business model, or department where he is focusing.
Jeff’s experiences have given him a wide view into many aspects of running a successful business. Jeff knows what good looks like and has also seen a lot of things that don’t work. He wants to make sure that his clients can take advantage of the good and avoid the bad.
Jeff has led teams in Sales, Business Development, Customer Success, Customer Support, Product Management, Application Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Payroll, HR, Manufacturing, and IT.
Tim Wear – Performance Consultant
Tim describes himself as an entrepreneur in recovery. In his twenties Tim partnered with his father in their family landscaping business and has also partnered with his brother on a number of ventures. After a 10 year run in corporate sales for banking and finance, Tim finds himself at KPI helping small business owners grow their company and achieve their goals by streamlining and improving their sales and operations practices. Tim leverages his hands on knowledge of running successful businesses, and his formal training in finance, sales & operations to help visionaries manage the nuts and bolts parts of their dreams that they often overlook.